Applications for Road Running League 2017/18 are now open!
Races consist of the following:
Important Note on 1st Race:
The first race in connection with the 2017-2018
MAAA Road RunningLeague
will be held on Saturday 28th October. Kindly note that due to extensive road
-works in the road
network around Siggiewi, it has been decided that the first Race in the 2017-2018 Road Running League
will be held at Maqluba rather than Siggieiwi as originally planned. The Maqluba race is a 5km event.
The participation fee for all the category races is €25 and can be paid online. Please make sure that the club membership renewal fee (€15) is also paid prior to the first league race.
- Seniors born 1998 or before
- Juniors born 1999, 2000
- Intermediates born 2001, 2002
Classification (Scoring System):
An overall individual classification for Seniors and Juniors will be compiled as follows:
- The first runner to finish each race scores one point, second place two points; third placethree points; and so on. All of the competing runners who finish are ranked andscored in this manner.
- The final overall score of each individual is then determined by totaling the points ofeach race. The athlete with the lowest total is declared the winner.
- In order to be eligible for the final classification an athlete must run at least four out ofthe five league races.